The purpose of my blog is to, at the least, start conversations that enrich. I appreciate comments that add value to the conversation that Web 2.0 is about. While I appreciate comments, I do not appreciate all comments. So here is my comments policy. By posting on my blog, you agree to the following:
- You may post anonymously. I don’t recommend this, but you may do so if you wish. I may change this rule if it is abused.
- Do not write your comment(s) in capital letters only.
- You may post follow-up questions. If you have a question, chances are you are not alone. Others are likely thinking similarly. Therefore, I would rather receive your comments on my blog than via email. Also, it is easy to keep up with the context of the question. If you have suggestions or requests for blog posts you can contact me
- You may disagree with me. I welcome debate. However, I ask that if you disagree with me—or anyone else, for that matter—do so in a way that is respectful. Please engage with the topic or ideas and not attacks on others that comment.
- I reserve the right to delete your comments. This is my blog. I don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. Specifically, I will delete your comments if you post something that is, in my sole opinion, (a) is hate speech (b) off-topic; (c) defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive (including negative racial remarks), false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your site or your most recent blog post. You are restricted to posting one link per blog post. I reserve the right to delete and or edit your comment without notification.
- You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation. I am free to use your comments.
My goal is to start and or host conversations that enrich in an authentic and respectful manner. I believe this simple comments policy will facilitate this.